Robotic Process Automation (RPA) is far from the human bots depicted in Hollywood science fictions. It’s a process based on the notion of software ‘bots’ that takes out repetitive work from your routine job.
Being one of the most sought-after artificial intelligence (AI) applications, RPA allows workflow automation workflow. It’s a vast field for potential buyers who are still not well-versed with the tools available in the market.
Triumph of Choice
As the market is flooded with vendors promising the best software bots, it is tough to shortlist one for the specific business needs. However, if you analyze all these leading tools, shortlisting the appropriate one will be easier. Let’s list out and analyze the leading bots vendors one-by-one:
1. Blue Prism:
Manufactured on the Microsoft .NET framework, the Blue Prism software can program Windows, Java, web, or mainframe platforms. The software has been designed for a multi-environment placement model with physical and logical access controls. It comprises a central release management interface and process change dispersal model for high visibility and control. Globally, Blue Prism has an active 100+ customer base as they have partnered with Accenture, Hexaware, Hewlett Packard Enterprise, Capgemini, and IBM.
Runs on Microsoft Windows, UiPath automates back-office repetitive tasks and converts each one into UI automation, resulting in much easier and quicker work. The software was established on the top of the .Net framework and Windows workflow base tools. It helps in improving automation applications and comprises a workflow device, collection of actions and a native GUI Automation API. UiPath real-time engine checks for errors simultaneously when working with the workflow. If a task gets errors, the UiPath workflow designer shares alerts about the issues encountered. UiPath has been providing automation support to the software giants SAP, Ernst & Young (EY), J.P. Morgan, Deloitte, and BBC.
3. Automation Anywhere:
This software developer helps organizations in completing end-to-end business processes by deploying digital workforce bots. The software saves the time of performing quality control for IT procedures, web applications, Windows and system administration along with the business-related processes. Moreover, it resolves the human errors and helps establish much flexible work environment by reducing the actual project cost. Automation Anywhere has partnered with EMC2, KPMG, Genpact and Infosys.
It’s a patent ‘virtual data scientist’ that can help operations team to apply artificial intelligence to automate repetitive tasks. WorkFusion is a SaaS crowd computing platform that uses crowdsourced employees to convey algorithms to organize a wide range of knowledge work. The software is feasible for the financial services, retail, and eCommerce sector by filling data gaps and attaining periodic spikes. It also regulates the distinctive forms of data feed and sources while gathering sourced workers from worldwide talent markets. It uses statistical quality control (SQC) to confirm the accuracy of the output. WorkFusion have partnered with leading corporates including Capgemini, Cognizant, Deloitte, and PwC.
This enterprise automation solution can be centrally managed and executed by bots across the organization. It allows to manage, develop and track their digital workforce. The Softomotive allows the most consistent and accessible automation that helps in bridging the gap between the best-of-breed technology and constant innovation. It integrates seamlessly with the active directory while providing an integrated system for handling exceptions at four different levels—action, region, process, and general. Softomotive have partnered with KPMG, Microsoft Partner, TATA Consulting services, ABOVE, and Calibrate.
6. Pega Systems:
The Pega RPA includes a Microsoft Visual Studio-based design tool that helps in creating automation. It has a runtime client that operates the user’s desktop automation along with a cloud-based tool that implements and manages the automation progress. It also helps in creating ‘personal bots’ that can bring synergy on runtime client desktops to automate tasks and workflows. The RPA software systematizes repetitive tasks within back office environment or contact center without re-engineering applications. Moreover, it integrates with the user interfaces of your applications to run automation that improve productivity and efficiency in your organization.
Pega Systems has been providing automation support to corporate giants like Accenture, Atos, Capgemini, Cognizant, EY, Infosys, and Wipro, to name a few.
Selecting the right RPA tool is a crucial step and it requires a lot of precision. The list of vendors mentioned above are offering automation to all the corporate giants. Let’s see on what basis these corporates shortlist their RPA vendors.
Criteria to Consider
The RPA product’s feature, framework, model, cost and deployment are diverse. Even though the leading vendors claim to fit all the requirements, still, to select the suitable one needs some brainstorming. Here are a few essential criteria considered by big corporates:
- Measure Usability: ‘Easy to use’ is the basis of all software bots and for automation, it can accelerate the development of internal capabilities. It can make the overall configuration and administration more efficient. On top of it, such superior usability can lead to quicker growth and high levels of adoption.
- Ability to Integrate: Strong integration capabilities may lead to robust automation. As each tool is designed with its own strengths and weaknesses, select them as per the nature of your business and where it can be used effectively.
- Architecture: The design and structure of the tool decide its usage and need for control. Also, consider the availability of deployment control and dashboard management features.
- Technology Exception: Bots software are usually designed to detect errors that occur during automation and resolve them without human intervention. If the selected software is not feasible enough for your business needs, look for a better option with compact exception handling ability.
- Security Measures: Bots deployment means the processing of confidential data. Therefore, data security is one of the most significant criteria. So, find an RPA tool that deploys control and diverse approach to find the right solution.
There is no specific RPA tool that is ideal for all processes and organizations. Considering the leading RPA tools listed above will help in making the right decision to invest in the right bots for your business. Banking on RPA tools will save about 80 percent of the cost for an organization with a productivity gain of about 60 percent, according to Accenture findings. Hope these details are comprehensive enough to make the right RPA choice at the right time.
- Lyashok, Alex (December 4, 2016) “8 Steps to Supercharging RPA,” www.linkedin.com
- Guyonnet, Philippe (April 13, 2016) “Benefits Of Robotic Process Automation Extend Beyond Just Cost Savings For Banks,” www. bankingblog.accenture.com
- WorkFusion (2016) “8 Steps to Supercharging RPA,” www. blog.workfusion.com
- Lauren, Elena (January 4, 2018) “Comparison on leading RPA Tools,” www.community.macmillan.com