Cross-functional Integration

How Bots are Remodeling the Supply Chain?

Robotic Process Automation (RPA) is the most logical step opted by businesses. It could change everything about services supply chains and delivering value. It helps in reducing human effort by performing high-volume activities by robots, allowing employees to focus on strategic tasks for business growth.

In this article at CIO from IDG, Peter Bendor-Samuel provides insight into how RPA is changing service industry, more specifically the BPOs. It is assumed that RPA will transform the supply chain functions across the service industry in the next couple of years.

Striking Originality

The author expects that over a period of time, RPA can automate perhaps 80 percent of the outsourced BPOs. By installing a virtual server to activate RPA software, the work can be done.

Previously, the RPA software performs standard operating procedures (SOPs) has been outsourced to low-cost human labor. But, automation changed the service delivery procedure by letting the companies recruit, train and encourage humans for problem-solving work, rather than robotic work that needs effort.

RPA is gradually turning an essential element of a data absorption engine to the core system’s integration layer by replacing the digital operations. Its disruptive nature is breaking the conventional norms and connection between full-time equivalents (FTEs) and services like finance, HR, and customer care.

A recent study of Pinnacle Enterprises have undertaken RPA journeys and superior outcomes reveals a 50 percent rise in the average operational metrics in comparison with 30 percent development in other enterprises. Pinnacle itself generates four times more ROI than other enterprises using RPA technology.

Advice for Vendors

Probing further, the key reasons for Pinnacle’s success were the approach and strategy the enterprise has taken for RPA initiatives. This draws few implications for RPA vendors also. Their job does not end by providing RPA tools. They need to position themselves as an end-to-end service provider to achieve the desired ROI. Also, they must achieve fast paced RPA implementation customized as per the need.

BPO Disruption

Often companies switch to RPA to tone down errors and repeat work. As RPA has already reduced SOPs and disruption to the supply chain, the service providers are using the FTE model for disruption. By eliminating 80 percent of FTE work by automation and remaining 20 percent through client relationship and analytics, RPA will transform the present business model of BPOs.

The author further adds that even though RPA is inexpensive to implement, digitization opens new issues pertaining to process design and service delivery. This may lead to a complete transformation of the chain and delivery value of services. To read the original article, click on the following link: https://www.cio.com/article/3269217/supply-chain-management/robotic-process-automation-is-reworking-supply-chains.html

Show More

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button

We use cookies on our website

We use cookies to give you the best user experience. Please confirm, if you accept our tracking cookies. You can also decline the tracking, so you can continue to visit our website without any data sent to third party services.